Monday, January 23, 2012

Truancy


If I stepped out while you were
talking but remained on my perch-
If in the midst of making love
the color of a particular kind of jade
called me, urged me(to look away)-

If everyone who walked on their toes
or wore chartreuse while riding a bike
or took down the sanctity like a big tent
distracted me from this moment
that has passed-

If for every classroom where I sat in the rear
and thought about the next thing
and wrote about the desire to play
or just did that
and counted them by fives-

If I missed your dark eyes improvising
because I was watching your mouth bake words
but the words were lost or eaten before I could taste them
because your eyes flagged me down and there
at each still point in this oscillation
I found myself-

If he tried his best to tell me everything
he wanted me to know and then he passed
and I had not gotten what I wanted
but finally stopped looking somewhere else-


No comments: